Application Deadline: 11:59 pm WAT, Friday, September 22, 2023
The Policy Innovation Centre (PIC) is pleased to invite artists to participate in the Gender and Inclusion Summit’s creative call. The Gender and Inclusion Summit 2023 (GS-23) is scheduled to hold on November 28 and 29, 2023 at in Abuja, Nigeria. The theme of the Summit is "Building Bridges: Advancing Gender and Inclusion through the Intersection of Trade and Health".
The theme for this creative call is “Building Bridges for Gender and Inclusion.” The competition seeks to tell stories about ways of fostering gender equality and inclusion for women, people with disabilities, and other marginalized groups. The PIC encourages artists and photographers to submit their finest representational art for consideration.
We are seeking creative submissions in the following categories:
1. Painting: We require that original paintings evoke emotions, convey messages, and inspire dialogue around the importance of “Building Bridges for Gender and Inclusion.”
2. Photography: This includes original photographs that tell stories that depict “Building Bridges for Gender and Inclusion.”
1. Painting and Photograph submissions should be original, visually captivating, and communicate the call theme effectively.
2. This call is open to individuals between the age of 15-35 years who have been actively engaged in painting and photography for at least one year and can demonstrate consistent practice through portfolio, group/solo exhibitions, etc.
3. Ability to interpret depictions of gender and inclusion effectively.
4. Shortlisted artwork may be displayed to the public on PICs website or social media pages with the creator credited and copyright protection.
5. All submissions must be original (meaning not using third-party pre-existing copyright materials), high-resolution, and in PDF Format. Kindly note that no stock imagery is allowed to be used.
6. Creators must own all rights to use all elements included in the work submitted.
1. The top submissions in each category will be showcased at the Summit.
2. Winning entries will be offered capacity-building opportunities, cash prizes, and the opportunity to auction artwork in the GS-23 Art Catalogue.
Submissions will be judged by a panel of experts and creative professionals.
1. Application deadline: 11:59 pm WAT, Friday, September 22, 2023.
2. Submission Deadline: 11:59 pm WAT, Monday, October 23, 2023.
3. Winners will be announced Friday, November 10, 2023.